Sunday 23 May 2021

I see Delia. You are not prepared to come down to Uxbridge and meet up with me. Pity...


I see Delia. You are not prepared to come down to Uxbridge and meet up with me. Pity, as there is so much I wish to hear from you and so much I wish to say that  would be better said face to face.

Nevertheless thank you for confirming that dear old Detters has passed away. Please accept my heartfelt condolences. 

I am very sad. I had known your husband for over sixteen years. We had some great times ... laughs and rollicking good fun. Detters was a legend on the Times Educational Supplement website. So many Tessers like myself will be greatly saddened.

I am so pleased that he received a Church of England funeral. He was a staunch supporter of the C of E.

I will write to you again tomorrow. There is so much to find out. Was Detters' passing sudden? Did he mention me in his final days? What were his last words? Was he buried or cremated? And much more.

No comments:

Post a Comment