Wednesday 26 May 2021

DELIA I HAVE READ YOUR LATEST COMMENT. OKAY, I WILL NOT ASK YOU TO FURNISH ME ANY DETAILS YOU CONSIDER PRIVATE.

However Delia, I will offer you some advice gratis: please don't attempt to go down the legal route. That will bring nothing but hurt, pain and frustration.


Detterling used to huff and puff and threaten various people with all sorts of legal action but at the end of the day he was astute enough not to go through with this.


Let me tell you a little story to illustrate this:

Some years ago Detterling posted - I think it was on his now-defunct blog -  that Oxford University had awarded me a bogus degree. I fooled him into thinking that I had contacted the University and that they were coming after him with legal action. My word! Did that put the frighteners on him! He withdrew his allegation mucho  pronto and headed into hiding. I let him stew for a while and then wrote to him that I was only kidding, and that I had not contacted the University. He returned a chastened man.


So please Delia, no lawyers.

Kind  regards.


GENE

2 comments:

  1. "Delia":

    This

    "Some years ago Detterling posted - I think it was on his now-defunct blog - that Oxford University had awarded me a bogus degree. I fooled him into thinking that I had contacted the University and that they were coming after him with legal action. My word! Did that put the frighteners on him! He withdrew his allegation mucho pronto and headed into hiding."

    is a complete fabrication.

    So sorry to hear your news - Detterling was the genuine article, unlike Gene.

    Best wishes to you and your son.

    "Anonymous of Northwood"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delia who are you trying to fool? This is not Anonymous of Northwood. It is you. You don't know the story here - Anonymous of Northwood would never dare to show up on this blog ever again.

    Detterling would do this sort of impersonation. But he would do so with much more aplomb and use of verisimilitude.

    Kind regards,

    GENE

    ReplyDelete