Monday 4 February 2019

Póg mo Thóin Detterling

Póg mo Thóin Detterling

I have read your comments and at the expense of being rude: Póg mo Thóin Detterling.

I have now had sound advice on where I stand re your latest threats and, in short, my blog stays and you can get stuffed. I told you I was made of stern stuff. No doubt my being a proud Londoner has some bearing here. As Noel Coward sang: London pride has been handed down to us... 

While we have over the past fourteen years been anonymous as Gene and Detterling in cyberspace fine. Just good-natured badinage and banter - rip-roaring, rollicking good fun as I have always stated. Break that anonymity - especially with attempts to expose or publish my name, address and telephone number and you are in big trouble. Trouble that your hero, the eminent QC Geoffrey Robertson, with all his legal expertise will not be able to extricate you from.

Hang on a moment... Geoffrey Robertson QC. Is that the same Geoffrey Robertson who despite his legal expertise came such an embarrassing cropper back in 2010 when he and his New Atheist friends tried to have Pope Benedict XVI arrested on the pope's visit to Britain? This only two weeks after the eminent QC had received a papal blessing in St Peter's Square.

By George I think it is!

See the source image
Geoffrey Robertson QC


1 comment:

  1. Bluster and waffle, Gene. I am cycling round to the post box now with the Catholic Herald material. It contains neither your name nor your address but only information you have placed in the public domain, nor do I suggest that the journalists at the Herald try to find it out. However the information I do have enabled me to find out who you are in less than forty-five minutes, and I imagine that in order to make their story stand up they will do the same. But I cannot be responsible - nor will I be responsible in law - for what use they may make of information available in the public domain. But it will be fun finding out.

    As for this:

    "to that episode last year when you alleged that the degree awarded to me in 1978 had been bogus"

    that is simply crap. YOU admitted that you had plagiarised your essay work towards your PPE degree, which means that as a qualification it was bogus, even though Oxford University awarded it to you in good faith, not realising that you had cheated.

    "I bluffed you into thinking that I had contacted Oxford University on the matter and that the university had the facilities to track you down and take proceedings."

    Utter bollocks.

    "You backed down mucho pronto".

    Bollocks again.

    I repeat: your degree was bogus -it was obtained by you under false pretences - something else the Catholic Herald will know by this time tomorrow.

    And although I knew your threat was a bluff, how thick do YOU have to be to admit it? Just like your bluff that you have taken legal advice: you have done no such thing. My legal advice is that, provided I do not directly expose your identity - and I haven't - then I am in the clear.

    And you are in the shit, Robert.

    ReplyDelete