Friday 15 February 2019

GOOD ON YE GENE...


GOOD ON YE GENE

G'day Gene,

Good on ye. 'Am I fazed? No way. My blog is built on solid rock. It's here to stay. And the bouffant-haired poseur will not prevail against it.'

You are a true champion of freedom of speech Gene

"Best of all, that connection will be made without reference to me, and without any possibility of the responsibility for its being made being attributed to me - even supposing that I could be traced."
What a bottle job!   



Let me introduce myself. I'm Clive 'Ned' Kelly-Greer. And by that name alone you can tell I'm an Aussie and proud of it. There are many - especially amongst the Pommies - who dismiss Australians as Philistines. Don't they know of Charles Mackerras, Dame Nellie Melba, Sidney Nolan, Patrick White, Emily Kame Kngwarreye, Slim Dusty, Henry Lawson, St Mary MacKillop, Andrew ‘Banjo’ Paterson and of course the great Clive James?

From this list of cultural heroes my own particular favourite is Sidney Nolan an artist of true originality: 

See the source image
Ned Kelly by Sidney Nolan

Anyhow Gene your blog is very popular down under. We have a little group of us in Sydney who meet in a tea garden looking out on the Sydney Opera House every Saturday morning and peruse the latest on your blog. It's wonderful stuff. We also have followed your posting on the TES website since 2005. We love the Mickey-taking you conduct on that old phony Detterling. We thrilled to every twist and turn of that Duke of York saga. I guess there will be no further revelations on that score. Detterling is too old now and his memory is going - plus I have always thought he is prone to false memory syndrome. 

Now on his gay nephew; you are so right that in his introduction of this subject  in 2005 he was downright belligerent and challenging. The gist of his approach was:

"Now listen up all of you. My nephew is a homo. Got any problem with that any of you?"

Very good of you Gene to these days offer to act as a broker for reconciliation between Detterling and his nephew.

Now onto Delia. We agree that she's a fine Sheila and a gorgeous bit of stuff. And by Jove is she up for it! Strewth Gene when you first met her I'll bet that right away you knew you'd be alright for the saddle!

Tie me kangaroo down Sport. Keep me cockatoo cool.

She'll be right blue,



Clive 'Ned' Kelly-Greer


Image result for sexy temptress
DELIA DETTERLING




1 comment:

  1. A uniquely nauseating blend of the nasty, the self-regarding, the inept, the ludicrous, the deceitful and the hypocritical.

    In three words, vintage Gene Vincent.

    In one word - TWAT.

    ReplyDelete