Thursday 28 April 2016

How I will enjoy this assignment!

How I will enjoy this assignment!





I have set my sixth form A-level Law students an assignment on the case of the Bulls, the Christian guesthouse owners who were so badly treated under the pinko liberal spectrum of our legal system.

Will I be strictly impartial as I go through this project with my students? The hell I will! You can bet your bottom dollar that I will be very sympathetic to the  Bulls. Among other tasks I will ask my students to consider where the Bulls would have stood legally had they placed the following advert in their window prior to the legal assault against them:

Please note: this is a private establishment and guests here are admitted by invitation only.

 
Come to think of it it's quite an inspired assignment and I think that my students will take something very good away from studying and reflecting on this tragic miscarriage of justice.



Actually the Bulls thank God are surviving and have been able to (by some charitable help and advice and some nifty legal footwork)  carry on running their guesthouse establishment without sacrificing their principles.




No comments:

Post a Comment