Thursday 14 April 2016

Detterling and some odds and ends

Detterling and some odds and ends


Well, first the good news. Although still not out of the woods, I am most definitely recovering  - and this before the antidepressants take real effect.  Our next Good Yarn session is tomorrow, Friday 15th and I will be attending. Not drinking in case any of you are worried.

Now to the vexed question of Detterling. I have banned him from this blog as a contributor. I had no choice. Absolute malice from him: he is threatening to end my career by posting out to various newspapers material which he hopes will ruin me. This is real evil. I have warned him that he is heading for the Bottomless Pit but he is determined to head for there and meet up with Old Nick himself.



Old Nick himself

The canting old phony is crying crocodile tears over Clive James being plagiarised. Of course Clive James has not been plagiarised: on the contrary I'm sure Clive is delighted to see me using part of a sentence from his marvellous memoir, North face of Soho.

Not only have I barred him sine die from my blog I am also taking steps to make sure that he cannot even read the blog. Please God these measures will take effect by next week.

So in a nutshell: my blog continues, and end of Detterling.

While I'm writing I think I should let you all know that I have decided on the title of my new memoir. It will be called,  'Heaven About Us in Our Infancy: the Sacred and profane memoirs, from infancy to mid teens, of Gene Vincent'.

Sounds good doesn't it.









No comments:

Post a Comment