Tuesday 26 April 2016

Hey! Just got to share this...


Hey! Just got to share this...




Yesterday Marianne (who by the way is living an extremely fulfilled life in her early retirement) drove out to Harefield to attend the Anzac Memorial Day service in St Mary’s Anglican Church. Apparently it was quite wonderful and she told me last night that the church service ended with the entire congregation singing We’ll Meet Again. Got me thinking about Vera Lynn.



St Mary's, Harefield

My God! I didn’t realise Vera Lynn was still alive. And while I was looking up some material about her on the Internet I came across the snippet that although she didn’t care very much for rock/pop music she liked very much Del Shannon's singing. Apparently she even went to see him sing at the Bristol Hippodrome when he toured here in in September/October 1962. Herewith a photo of Vera posing with Del when she went backstage to chat with him after the show. Del is on the extreme right of the photo. I hadn’t realised he was quite so small. Vera looks taller than him.
Image result for del shannon vera lynn
VERA LYNN WITH DEL SHANNON
























No comments:

Post a Comment