Thursday 1 July 2021

 


Now Delia this isn't answering my question...

Anonymous30 June 2021 at 13:55

"It's a great pity he didn't live to see my trail-blazing novel Granny Barkes Fell In Woolworths published".

No-one could possibly live that long.

"It was to have been published in the springtime"

No, it wasn't.

"but Covid-19 put paid to that".

No, it didn't.

"It will now be published in the autumn".

No, it won't.

"It's being brought out by a publisher in California".

No, it isn't.


Now Delia this isn't answering my question. Please address my question: Do you have any information about Detters' memoirs?


Detters saw himself as a writer. Not in the same ballpark as me of course but he had a basic competency. The problem was his cloying, Thesaurus-driven prose. In fact I was once thinking of engaging him on a joint venture - a book entitled In the Steps of the Saints of the North East. Detters would do the legwork and I would knock the texts into shape. Plenty of material there; Cuthbert, Wilfrid, Aidan et al.


Saint Cuthbert



Lindisfarne

Kind regards,

GENE


No comments:

Post a Comment