Saturday 10 July 2021

All had a great time in the Good Yarn last night...



All had a great time in the Good Yarn last night.  The memorial tankard to dear old Detters was dedicated in reverence by the Friday Night Club and placed on its hook. I managed to catch most of it on Zoom.

Highlight of the night was a sketch entitled:

DETTERLING TESTS POSITIVE FOR STERADENT

Dramatis personae

Detterling

Nurse


Tony of the Big Saloon played the part of Detterling and Mary W, special guest for the evening, played the nurse.

The sketch was written by Tony of the Big Saloon and 'Faraday' O'Brien.

It was hilarious. I was in stitches.


Delia, you'll be hearing from me, 

Kind regards,

GENE



1 comment:

  1. Kennedy:
    Please send me the name and email address of the manager of The Good Yarn: I want to arrange for him to organise a photograoh of Detterling's tankard on its special hook. It occurs to me that there will also be footage of the proceedings from the pub CCTV for which I am willing to pay to have copied as a memento of Detterling. Please treat this is a matter of urgency, as our son is really struggling with all of this.

    Also please publish on your blog the Californian publisher's flyer for "Granny Barkes Fell in Woolworths" and the ISBN code so that I can order a pre-publication copy from them,

    ReplyDelete