Monday 1 April 2024

REPOSTED FROM EASTER MONDAY 29th April 2019


The Church of England Busy-body has died. May she rest in peace.

Readers of this blog will be aware of the lady I called the Church of England Busy-body who featured here frequently over the years. Sadly she has passed away. She died of cancer in Mount Vernon Hospital on Easter Sunday - with her unwavering commitment to the faith a wonderful day to pass to the Lord. I have been shocked and saddened by her death and regret that no one had told me she was ill.

"But Gene," I hear you say, "surely this is all a little hypocritical of you considering the level of animosity that existed between you two?" No hypocrisy at all I counter. In death I believe in letting bye-gones be bye-gones. 

I first encountered the C of E Busy-body in the late 1990s when she came to teach at *** *** school. In the early days we were quite friendly. I used to call her 'Sweet Rosie O'Grady' after the film of that name. She would never accept 'Rosie' however and insisted on being called by her actual name of Roseanne. Then everything went wrong when she stuck her oar in to support the ultra feminist Geography HOD during that unfortunate saga.

But give her her due, she had total commitment to the C of E and to promoting everything connected to it. Yes, she could be insufferable and we locked horns on many occasions over the years. The most memorable occasion was when the Church of England synod torpedoed women bishops. She had been going on about this ad infinitum and talking about how wonderful it would be. The torpedoing came totally without warning. Such a shock and disappointment to her. On the morning after the news broke I went up to her in the staffroom and just smirked. Never said a word - just smirked. She went into mini hysterics. Her friends ran from the four corners of the staffroom to console her. I was persona non grata. Did I care? In a word no. I had a grin on my face all day long. 

Then there was the business of the attempt by the school governors to discipline me over alleged abuse by me on Gene's blog. I don't hold this against the C of E Busy-body. I hold accountable those two teacher governor scumbags - in particular that Irish pillock, the prat who through gross negligence lost all the deposits taken on a Year 9 trip to Chessington. The school bailed him out financially of course. Had I been Head I would have made him make good the loss out of his own money.

But back the C of E busybody: I had been planning to attend her funeral as I assumed the service would be held at St Martin's in Ruislip or St Andrew's in Uxbridge - the two parishes she was involved with - and that the service would be followed by a service at Ruislip Crematorium. However, I now learn that her funeral will be held in her native village in Wiltshire where she will be buried. I don't know anything about her next of kin. She was unmarried (she was not a lesbian) and perhaps she will be buried in a family plot in that village churchyard cemetery. I will endeavour to find out details and send flowers. 

Image result for st martin's ruislip
St Martin's, Ruislip

Image result for St andrew's church Uxbridge
St Andrew's Uxbridge

May she rest in peace. May her soul and all the souls of the faithful departed rest in peace.

GENE

PS:  I informed Detterling of the C of E Busy-body's passing. The reaction of the aging curmudgeon? Hostility towards me and disrespect towards her.

5 comments:

  1. Pass the sick bag Alice.

    Gene boasted - repeatedly and gloatingly - about how he had taunted, scoffed at and sneered at this woman when she was distressed about the defeat in the General Synod of the Church England General Synod of the measure to legalise women bishops.

    What a disgusting human being he is, and this sickening arse-licking deserves a Nobel Prize for hypocrisy. It is Gene "Nominal Catholic" Vincent in all his grubby, petty, savage nastiness, as demonstrated in this nauseating allegation:

    "I have said it before and I'll say it again: there are some out there who hate the Catholic Church so much that they would travel to the ends of the earth to find one Catholic priest with an unpaid parking fine so is their determination to hurt the Church."

    What kind of appalling human being opines that the buggery of small boys and the rape of little girls by Catholic priests is a sin morally equivalent to parking on a double yellow line?

    I'll tell you who: Gene "Nominal Catholic" Vincent, the Russell Brand of theology.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear, Gene, it must be really difficult being you at the moment. You have been factually refuted time and time again, and no matter how often you try to rebut those facts, I keep coming back to that bruise on your scrotum and keep hammering away at it:

    Had Ratzinger unfrocked Kiesle in 1985, the abuse of children at St Joseph's would not have continued for a further three years.

    That is a FACT, no matter how often you try to deny it.

    As for this desperately ridiculous effort: - show me the text of the apology he made in respect of the Kiesle case. Oops! Sorry, I forgot. You can't because it doesn't exist. - dear me, Gene, can you really be that stupid?

    Ratzinger's apology in full reads as follows [my footnotes}:

    “I can only express to all the victims [1] of sexual abuse my profound shame, my deep sorrow and my heartfelt request for forgiveness. I have had great responsibilities [2] in the Catholic Church. All the greater is my pain for the abuses [3] and the errors [4] hat occurred in those different places [5] during the time of my mandate."[6]

    1 ALL THE VICTIMS, Gene: victimS, plural: you can tell this by the S on the end of the word. All the victims of sexual abuse that occurred during Ratzingers time as Archbishop of Munich [1977- 1982] and later head of the Congregation of the Faith and Pope - that is, 1985 - 2013. The phrase "ALL THE VICTIMS therefore must include the victims of Stephen Kiesle between the years 1985-1988, when Ratzinger failed to unfrock Kiesle.
    [2] I HAVE HAD GREAT RESPONSIBILITES [see 1 above]: and one of those was to detect, root out and expel priests and others in the Catholic Church whose favourite hobby was buggering small boys and raping little girls. These GREAT RESPONSIBILITIES obviously include those children abused by Stephen Kiesle after Ratzinger failed to unfrock him in 1985.
    [3] THE ABUSES - these must include the abuses committed by Stephen Kiesle after Ratzinger failed to unfrock him [unless you can prove differently, Gene?].
    [4] THE ERRORS - these must include Ratzinger's failure to unfrock Kiesle in 1985 and probably his failure to alert Fr Thomas Ryan that he was allowing a convicted paedophile rapist to minister to the young people in his church.
    [5] THOSE DIFFERENT PLACES - except, of course at St Joseph's Church, Penole, CA, where Stephen Kiesle, still a priest, continued to abuse children during the years 1985-1988 - Ratzinger made it clear that his apology did not include this, didn't he, Gene, and you can prove that, can't you? What's that? oh, you can't? Dear me, and YOU call ME a lying tosser...
    [5] DURING MY MANDATE: that is, during the years 1985 - 2013.

    It is clear to anyone whose mind has a greater ratiocinatory capacity than a pair of skid-marked underpants that Ratzinger was apologising for all the sexual abuse committed on his watch 1985-2013 by priests whom he failed either properly to oversee, accurately to diagnose and condignly to punish, as well as arranging for their being unable to access children and young people ever again.

    "I can only express to ALL the victims of sexual abuse my profound shame, my deep sorrow and my heartfelt request for forgiveness."

    It's that word ALL that gives it away, Gene: I'm sorry if it's confusing.

    Oh, and don't bother with this kind of thing any more:

    "Once again you are shown to be a lying tosser".

    Do you seriously imagine that I care a two-penny fuck for what a monumental shit-bag like you, with a diseased mind and a rancid soul, thinks of me or anyone else? Stuff your pissy little opinions up your arse. I will not apologise for telling the truth, and I will go on telling it until you acknowledge that it is the truth.

    Reply

    ReplyDelete
  3. "He is apologising for ALL the abuse that went on during his mandate - 1985 - 2013."

    Yes, he apologized for all. That does not mean that he was personally involved in all or guilty for all.

    You are not very bright are you Detterling?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am having a late night drink at the moment. I raise a glass to the Church of England Busybody R.I.P

    GENE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Christ, what a smarmy, canting creeping Jesus you are. What next? Clint fucking Tebbit?

    ReplyDelete