Tuesday 22 August 2023

 

 OVERHEARD IN HARRIS & HOOLE...

(An occasional feature)








Tuesday 22nd August


No Mass this morning so myself and Tony of the Big Saloon met earlier than usual at Harris & Hoole.

The following was overheard: 

TONY OF THE BIG SALOON: Don't suppose you have heard anything of Detterling?.

GENE: No he's gone. Finito. He has said he will be regularly checking out GENE  ...  a voice in the wilderness but I don't believe he will. It would be too painful for him to visit the scene of his crimes and be reminded of the distress he caused - in particular his false allegations about the saintly Fr Calvin Robinson. No, he's gone. Good thing too as I will soon be publishing a rather saucy piece by Delia. It's an account of her stay at the London Metropole Hilton Hotel.

TONY OF THE BIG SALOON: Did you watch the Spain versus England match on Sunday Gene?

GENE: Yes I did. My God those Spanish girls are gorgeous. Trouble with me watching women's football is I always get distracted from the play. I start fantasing about those sexy girls. Especially if one ends up on her hands and knees - if you get my drift Tony!

TONY OF THE BIG SALOON: Oh yes I know exactly what you mean. But at your age Gene you should have more sense. You don't think any of those beautiful young girls would have any interest in you surely?

GENE: No of course not. But still, a man can dream. 







1 comment:

  1. "No, he's gone."

    No, I haven't.

    "Good thing too as I will soon be publishing a rather saucy piece by Delia."

    Woe betide you if you do.

    ReplyDelete