Friday 7 December 2018

I HAVE WRESTLED WITH WHETHER I SHOULD WRITE ABOUT THIS AT ALL...

I HAVE WRESTLED WITH WHETHER I SHOULD WRITE ABOUT THIS AT ALL...

But then I thought: 'Gene you have always been forthright and honest with your readers. Don't bottle out'. Besides half of Uxbridge probably knows about it all by now.

Tonight as always the Friday Night Club meets in the Good Yarn. I won't be there. Why not? I hear you ask. I have been banned from the Good Yarn. Yes, you read that correctly.

A little background. Last Friday was a day when I was feeling very low. I had some upsetting news. The two girls will not be with us for Christmas. No deliberate snub - just the way things have turned out. It will be just me, Paul, Marianne and Marianne's mother in Chez Vincent for Christmas.

Come l
ast Friday night I was with the lads as usual in the Good Yarn. Morose and drinking only spirits. Bad mistake. My memory is a bit hazy about the events but Tony of the Big Saloon, who is a teetotaller, has perfect recall and has described to me what happened.

It seems that late in the evening I was introduced to a man who is a new teacher at Douay this term. I shook hands with him and he turned to a lady standing beside him and announced: "And this is my partner ******."  "Partner eh?" I responded, "Eff you, you big Nancyboy. Why don't you have the guts to marry the woman. You effing bottlejob." He immediately punched me on the forehead. I punched him back and he toppled backwards and upset the drinks on a whole table. Meanwhile I stumbled forward and knocked over another table, drinks, customers and all.

I know, I know. Disgraceful. I have been barred from the Good Yarn and quite rightly.

But I hope all is not lost. I have arranged a meeting with the manager for this weekend. I will bring as a peace offering one of Marianne's delicious fruit cakes. I pray the banning will be rescinded.

Once again the curse of alcohol. My worst enemy. Why do I do it? I'm such a prat.

I will keep you all posted.

GENE


Image result for the good yarn uxbridge
THE GOOD YARN

No comments:

Post a Comment