Friday 23 December 2016

My new life begins...

My new life begins...


Well folks, I guess you are all agog to hear how everything went with my leaving speech on Wednesday. Well yes, everything went fine. I did keep everything brief (well, fairly brief) and positive. I did make a rather risqué joke about the Church of England Busybody which drew some laughter - not laughter from everyone of course.

But it was such an emotional day. The Head very understandingly left me to leave the premises in my own good time after everyone had gone. He knew how emotional I felt.

I tell you that when I closed the door of the Sixth Form office behind me and came down the stairs and the caretaker locked up after me there were tears falling. Where had the time gone since that day in September 1980 when that moustachioed young man began his teaching career? I do feel that it is what the Almighty called me to do. Maybe I would be more wealthy if I had gone into banking or publishing but I would have been nowhere as fulfilled.

But life moves on. Don't look back. I will start my new life briskly and with determination. I follow in the footsteps of James Joyce, Ernest Hemingway and Albert Camus.


Image result for ernest hemingway
Ernest Hemingway











Image result for James Joyce
James Joyce





Image result for albert camus quotes
Albert Camus




No comments:

Post a Comment