Tuesday 6 December 2016

An open letter to Detters

An open letter to Detters




Detters I am not going to let your bile concern me for a nanosecond. I know of course you have nothing better to do as you have been banned from the TES sine die.  


I am on cloud nine. On Wednesday 21st December I, in effect, end my teaching career. A new life as a fulltime writer ahead.


Several celebrations in the offing. A big one on Friday 16th December - and where else but the Good Yarn! Then there's my leaving speech on 21st. I am working on it and it will be a masterpiece of Hemingway-esque succinctness and Churchill-like clarity.


Life couldn't be better.


You thought that the Church of England Busybody had put me out of action permanently didn't you! I'm made of stronger stuff.


PS Don't give me this nonsense about your memoirs. They will never be published. You know that and I know that.


What a celebration there will be here on the night of Friday 16th December!

No comments:

Post a Comment