Thursday 5 May 2016

Gene's reply to Clive's email

Gene's reply to Clive's email


G'Day Clive,


Thanks for all your compliments about my writing.


When I begin fulltime on 1st January 2017 I will start with some non fiction work. I have planned biographies of Dorothy Day and Sonia Orwell (wife of George Orwell) two formidable ladies who are now being a bit neglected. I also plan a monograph on the painting of Francis Bacon and maybe (as next year marks the hundredth anniversary) a book on the apparitions at Fatima.


It would be great to have you at one of our Friday night sessions in the Good Yarn in Uxbridge. As you know the Good Yarn is now surpassing the Soho watering holes - the Pillars Of Hercules, the Coach & Horses and the Colony Club - as the centre of London's intellectual and literary life.


I reciprocate your toast to me with a raising of a tube of Fosters to you.


All the best Clive,


GENE
Sonia Orwell
Francis Bacon
Miracle of the sun at Fatima


Dorothy Day








































No comments:

Post a Comment