Tuesday 8 June 2021


Delia I thought I would let you know that dear old Detters featured in a dream I had last night. He looked very happy.

Delia I thought I would let you know that dear old Detters featured in a dream I had last night. He looked very happy.

In the dream myself, Detters and Richard Dawkins were cruising down the blue Danube. All of us in jolly mood. The conversation went in part like this:

RICHARD DAWKINS: Yes it is true that the most flak I have ever taken was over my dismissal of the great miracle of the sun at Fatima in 1917.

GENE VINCENT: You should have applied the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle before you pontificated Dickie old chap.

RICHARD DAWKINS: You have said that before Gene.

GENE VINCENT: And I'll say it again.

DETTERLING: Only Catholics shall ever enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

RICHARD DAWKINS: You could have a point there Detters - if only there was a God and if only there was a Kingdom of Heaven.

GENE VINCENT: Detters your credibility to comment on any subject is absolutely zero.

DETTERLING: Why so Gene?

GENE VINCENT: Because you have a collection of Barclay James Harvest albums.

RICHARD DAWKINS: My God!

DETTERLING: Gene I have often thought that you bear a strong facial resemblance to Saint Padre Pio. You have that combination of manliness and spirituality in your countenance.

The young Padre Pio



No comments:

Post a Comment