Sunday 20 December 2015

ODDS and ENDS



ODDS and ENDS


Phew! That was a term that was! We broke up on Friday. Have I been busy? Or have I been busy? I know that I have been neglecting this blog - but I will do some much-needed catching up work on it over the holidays.


And just think   ...    only one more year to go until glorious retirement. On 31st December 2016 I shall be a free man with loads of time to concentrate on my career as a writer. And talking of my writing career the West Ruislip Pensioners Voice magazine did an interview with me over the October half term. It should be published on this blog soon


To other matters: the Canting Old Phony is back posting on the TES website. He can be found on the Personal Forum where many of the old lags from Opinion Forum have ended up. He is just as pompous, pretentious, self-righteous and boring as ever.


By the way, a great new poster has turned up on the TES website. Under the username of Johnny Bluenote he has posted some marvellous threads full of rapier-like wit and profound erudition. He has a wonderful, easy on the eye writing style with such a splendid lightness of touch. He has got away with two quite risqué threads: Have you ever paid for it? (which turns out to be about the TES hard copy magazine and Who's stuffing your turkey this Christmas? Tee! Hee! Hee! Hee!


Finally this year's Christmas card to all my readers:







The Nativity

Artist: Lorenzo Monaco (Piero di Giovanni) (Italian, Florence (?) ca. 1370–1425 Florence (?))
Date: ca. 1406–10
Medium: Tempera on wood, gold ground
Dimensions: 8 3/4 x 12 1/4 in. (22.2 x 31.1 cm)

No comments:

Post a Comment