Wednesday 16 September 2015

Spiritual stock taking

Spiritual stock taking


On my Medjugorje pilgrimage back in August I did some serious self examination.


And hey! I didn't come out so bad. Okay some issues - who doesn't have any?


This is what I found:


One or two - or maybe three or four traces here and there of self aggrandisement. Oh! well! At least I'm being honest.


Now, I do sometimes overindulge in alcohol. Usually during school holiday time in the Good Yarn. But hey! I'm a writer. So many great writers have liked a tipple: F Scott Fitzgerald, Hemingway, Jack Kerouac, Brendan Behan, James Joyce, Jack London... I'm in good company.


Then of course there is the odd incidence of lack of charity. Witness the goading and mickey-taking of the Church of England Busybody. But, it's usually just rollicking good fun.


So there you are. This guy is spiritually sound.


confessionals
Confession is good for the soul

No comments:

Post a Comment