Sunday 24 September 2023

REFLECTING ON THE LEGACY OF POPE BENEDICT XVI...


Now don't get me wrong. I'm as much an admirer of Pope Francis as the next man - still I have a nostalgic hankering back to the papacy of Pope Benedict XVI. Now there was a man in many ways someone I could really relate to. One of the great intellects of our times he was a gentle soul - but he could certainly tell it like it was.

Just consider: he lambasted the Muslims for their history of warmongering, he called the Buddhists spiritual masturbators and he summarily dismissed the Anglican Church. (I loved this!) He declared that the Anglican Church had no legitimacy.

And our LGBTQ friends? He reiterated strongly the teaching of the Church: Homosexual acts are intrinsically morally evil and can never be condoned.

Good guy Pope Benedict XVI.

Maybe the greatest achievement of Pope Benedict XVI R.I.P. was how, without lifting a finger or saying a word, he torpedoed out of existence the New Atheists and their 'self-basting pietism' 

No comments:

Post a Comment