Friday 25 May 2018

WHITLEY BAY HERE I COME...

WHITLEY BAY HERE I COME...

Well, Marianne and I are just getting ready to set off for Whitley Bay. Sensibly we are going by train.  Marianne has planned a reunion with two of her friends for the Whitsun bank holiday and I have been invited along.We are coming back on Tuesday so I will have time to visit Lindisfarne. Also of course a visit to Gateshead to see the Angel of the North. 

I have never been to the north east before, so new experiences  coming up. I am very much looking forward to seeing this Whitely Bay Dome - the Geordie Taj Mahal I guess.

Maybe I could meet you and Delia over the weekend Detters? Just email me and I'll arrange.
 
What do you say bonnie lad?

GENE


https://www.newsguardian.co.uk/news/what-were-they-thinking-1-6581072

 Spanish City Dome

What were they thinking?  What the hell were the council thinking of when they came up with the stupid catchphrase which adorns the new £1m pavement in front of the Spanish City? ‘Aaahh - the dome - it was the Taj Mahal to us.’ They might as well have put up a giant headstone reading: ‘Aaahhh - remember how good the Spanish City was before we wasted millions letting it die.’ Renovation time: don’t move, improve! How to make the most of the space you have, without breaking the bank. Read More Promoted by Delaval And Hartley Glaziers And Ceramics Ltd As a teenager in the 1970s, I worked in the Spanish City dome. Over the years, I have watched with sadness as the building and surrounding area have slowly dropped to bits, while the council has wasted millions on consultants. This merely rubs salt into the wounds.Nigel Green Whitley Bay

No comments:

Post a Comment