Friday 10 February 2017

HURRAH! HURRAH! HURRAH! ... Gene's blog returns

HURRAH! HURRAH! HURRAH! ... Gene's blog returns

It has been a difficult time for me since the 19th January I don't mind admitting. But, as I said, Gene is always at his most dangerous when forced onto the ropes.

I had a very frustrating time trying to reach Mr S. But yesterday bingo!

I am so proud of the cunning plan I devised and how well it worked. The plan came to me in a blinding flash. I called up the school where Mr S teaches and left a message for him to call a number urgently at 12.45pm. A Mr Craddock wished to speak to him. (Discerning readers will note that the late Gene Vincent's real name was Eugene Vincent Craddock.) And the number I left was that of a well-known hostelry in Uxbridge! I had the bar staff primed to pass the call to me when it came through. It worked a treat. My conversation with Mr S was brief and very much to the point. The outcome? Mr S will not be troubling my blog or Detterling's blog again. Isn't that so Mr S?

So how come that Mr S will be withdrawing from the scene I hear you ask. Well, no names no pack drill, but let us say that the old adage 'People who live in glasshouses shouldn't throw stones' applies perennially. And is especially apposite if any of those people work on the SLT of their place of employment. Isn't that so Mr S?

I feel great. I haven't grinned so much since that day when the C of E synod torpedoed women bishops.


And what way better to welcome back everyone but to post again that wonderful photo of Detterling trainspotting as a boy:


Image result for trainspotting in the 1950s
Detterling aged 15 trainspotting in 1959





No comments:

Post a Comment