Friday 1 February 2013

Looking to the future...

Looking to the future...

This year will I feel be a landmark one for Gene. I think I will get down to actually submitting some of my fiction for publication - other than on this blog. I know it gets widely read here but it would be nice to see it on the bookshelves in Waterstones or on Amazon Kindle.

(Detters I was just pulling you leg about THE MAN WHO THOUGHT HE HEARD JENNY LIND SING being published, but I bet it gave you a monentary fright and a pang of envy.)

It's just that I need more time -  good writing takes time. Hemingway used to say it was the most taxing labour a man could undertake. And the trouble is I'm a very busy guy. I will however step down as head of Sixth Form in July and that should free me up a bit. To be honest I have hardly time to post on the TES Opinion Forum these days. Oops! Sorry Detters. I forgot. This is a sore point with you as you have been banned. Tee! Hee! Hee!

Mind you it's very cruel of me to laugh. It must be so traumatic for you Detters watching all; Sir Henry, Cuteinpuce, Bonkers 701, Middlemarch, Big Frank EM, Coffeekid, Grunwald, Florian Gassmann et al (and especially me) posting happily away and you locked out!

 
PS I haven't seen your friend Bigkid, the mummy's boy, around recently. I do hope he hasn't gone down with something. The weather has been pretty awful and maybe he hasn't been wearing his woolly vest.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment