Thursday 18 August 2022

 

GRANNY BARKES UPDATE...



Well folks it looks like Granny Barkes Fell in Woolworths may come out a little earlier than I mentioned some time back. I had a chat with my agent this morning and it now looks like publication date is to be brought forward to October 2022. There has been a slight delay because of the copyright of the illustrations to be used. Granny Barkes Fell in Woolworths will be illustrated with a number of specially commissioned original paintings by Johnny Bluenote.

So there you are. To those who doubted it would happen I say, 'O ye of little faith'.

Back some years ago, when I was doing the rounds of literary agents with Granny Barkes, I had a very nasty letter from one agent. He asked how I could have the gall to send him such rubbish. I have kept this gentleman's details and on the day Granny Barkes hits the bookshelves he will get a specially inscribed copy with the inscription reading: Put that in your pipe and smoke it Nancyboy!

GENE






No comments:

Post a Comment