Thursday 10 March 2016

A PLEA FOR HELP... please help me to leave the past in the past

A PLEA FOR HELP...  please help me to leave the past in the past




Man at bridge holding head with hands and screaming
Munch's THE SCREAM  ... just sums up my despair




Okay, I'm a proud guy. But sometimes the macho image must be put aside. I know I have a big problem and I must deal with it before it ruins me.

Readers of this blog will know that I have often referred to my first marriage and how I just can't forget and move on. My 'marriage' lasted a brief six months and I went through hell almost every day. But that is so long in the past  ... the early Eighties. My marriage was annulled and I have remarried - to the most wonderful woman in the world and I have three wonderful children whom I adore.

I've had Cognitive Behavioural Therapy about fifteen years ago and it did help but it didn't mean I was free of all the baggage.

Why can't I forget the evil bitch and all the hurt she inflicted on me? Things resurface with an intensity now and again and right now is a bad period. One day last week I locked myself in the Sixth Form office and ended up punching a cushion around the room.

If anyone can point me in the right direction I will be eternally grateful. Detters in the past you did proffer some advice - not that you were sympathetic to me - and your advice was along the lines that if I did not free myself from this it would destroy me. You have a background in counselling Detters and if you can offer anything further I would be appreciative - although we are not exactly buddies at the moment. Truth is I would appreciate anything from anyone.

Things are so bad at the moment I don't think I can face the Good Yarn tomorrow night. And for me that's a measure of how serious things are.

Marianne has been a rock but even she can do no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment