Monday 24 August 2015

ODDS & ENDS

ODDS & ENDS


Medjugorje here we come ... Marianne and I are off to Medjugorje in the morning. A week of pilgrimage is a nice way to end the summer. Will still be posting as Wi-Fi is everywhere in Medjugorje.

Had lunch with Tony (Big saloon) in The Good Yarn today. Crowded as usual... this revamped menu is  working out a treat.

Doris Schwarzenegger-Stokes has been banned from Opinion Forum. To tell the truth I'm relieved. Doris had been sailing close to the wind. I'm surprised she lasted so long.

Opinion is a washed out joke these days. I finished with it. How different it was ten years ago. What a forum for teachers! I had some great ding-dong battles with, amongst others, Stedders, Jjbloggs, Elaine C (R.I.P.), Mixu, Lilyofthefield, Middlemarch, ... Those were the days! Then the never to be forgotten Duke of York saga, the days of Big S, Yarooleggoyoubeast, Robert Pennington, In-You-Go-Jones... ah! memories, memories. My finest hour was I think the Assisted Suicide thread where I vanquished all comers. Then of course there was the era of the Clique. How I faced them down and ran them ragged!

THE GOOD YARN   ...   terrific new menu


No comments:

Post a Comment