Thursday 25 July 2024

 Rosa Luxemburg writes...


For years I have been a big fan of this blog. One of my favourite posts was published recently. That was the post by Lucy Fer, Detterling's parish priest. Lucy reveals how many years before she actually encountered the young Gene Vincent. What a small world!

"At Oxford University I joined a feminist group. You get the picture: strident harridans, lesbians in paratrooper boots, all sorts of weirdos and men-haters. To may shame I also campaigned with them on pro-abortion rallies. I remember one incident from this time that had a profound impact on me. One Saturday afternoon I set out on a pro-abortion March through Oxford. At the front of the march we had a banner reading: A WOMAN’S RIGHT TO CHOOSE. At one point on our march we were confronted by a young man – about nineteen/twenty – who heckled: ‘You bitches. No one has the right to choose murder’. One of the leaders of our march, a strident harridan with acne and halitosis, started to remonstrate with him. He flung a carton of strawberry yoghurt right into her face. Splat! How she yelled! A right melee ensued, but the young man disappeared before the police arrived. I remember thinking he was a handsome young man and his face somehow reminded me of Saint Padre Pio – not that Padre Pio was a saint in those days. That incident propelled me away from all the radical feminism and pro-abortion evil."

1 comment:

  1. "I set out on a pro-abortion March through Oxford. At the front of the march we had a banner reading: A WOMAN’S RIGHT TO CHOOSE. At one point on our march we were confronted by a young man – about nineteen/twenty – who heckled: ‘You bitches. No one has the right to choose murder’."

    Attaboy! Gene

    Mary Winterbourne

    ReplyDelete