MISSION STATEMENT ... To celebrate where it's deserved! ... To take the Michael out of institutions and individuals where it's deserved! ...
Recently I had occasion to prepare my gravestone epitaph:
GENE...
Educator, Novelist,
Humanitarian and Humorist
- TO KNOW HIM WAS TO LOVE HIM -
Rest in Peace
....... But while I am still walking the earth do not hesitate to contact me at:
bobbyslingshot8@gmail.com
Tuesday, 18 August 2026
DETTERLING LET'S NOT DO ANYTHING HASTY...
Please contact me about proposals for a peace deal over this matter.
You may rest easy, Groper. Pitching the series of articles referenced above, together with the specimen piece on "Gene, a voice in the wilderness" will, quite probably, be one of the last important pieces of writing I complete. I will need to make sure that every syllable of it pulls its weight towards the purpose of destroying your reputation. As such this will take time and a great deal of effort.
Which means that I do not intend to do anything hasty; rather, I am planning that the project I outlined towards the end of our recent exchanges [those beginning on Friday August 14th 2026] will take me at least three months. No harm of any kind will come to you before the end of November, so you may sleep easily until then.
During those recent exchanges, with [literally] remorseless nastiness, you libelled me viciously and repeatedly. You described me as being morally guilty of infanticide purely on the grounds of my general goodwill towards the homosexual and transgender communities.
And in the final post below, unmistakeably, you libel by inference both my nephew and his husband as paedophiles, one of whose purposes in adopting a small boy was to abuse him sexually, physically and emotionally. I can't believe that you were stupid enough to sign this post with your blog pseudonym rather than as one of your multitude of sock puppets.
"Anonymous17 August 2026 at 10:14
And furthermore Detterling it might be apposite here to cast your mind back to about twenty years ago when on the TES Opinion you announced that your gay nephew Cuthbert and his partner Julian had adopted a little boy. Remember the frisson that ran through the forum? Remember the almost audible chorus of, "Nudge! Nudge! Wink! Wink! Say no more squire. GENE"
Even I can't find words strong enough to express my abhorrence and contempt for such a foul accusation. In twenty years littered with colossally stupid errors by you, Gene, that must be easily the stupidest - as well as being unmitigatedly evil. Do you seriously imagine that I am going to let you get away with such a foul accusation?
As for peace deal, you can get stuffed, Gene.
On every single occasion in the past when you have been threatened with consequences for your recurrent vile postings, you have offered grovelling apologies and promises not to repeat that behaviour. And on every single occasion, your apologies have proved to be completely bogus, and you have unfailingly broken those promises when it suited you to do so. You are a walking falsehood, Gene, and my destroying of your reputation is nothing more than you deserve.
Your nastiness, dishonesty and hypocrisy are a like a cancer in the body of common decency and, like a cancer, they should be cut out, poisoned or burned.
Don't waste your time offering bogus proposals for a non-existent future: I will reject them all, because I don't need a peace deal. I have copied, pasted and screenshot all the evidence I need into the file on which I will base both the editorial pitch and the specimen article. Why should I entertain any specious crap from you?
The only safe course for you to pursue is to take your blog down permanently. But, faced with that course of action I have no doubt that we will get the usual bleating about "freedom of speech", "searing honesty", "nazi censorship" and all the rest of the spurious bullshit.
Essentially, Gene, you have behaved year in, year out as though you alone in the blogosphere were exempt from any consequences arising from your words and actions.
That stops now: and very much I hope you will enjoy it.
I know I will.
Don't waste time pleading. To you, now and always, I am deaf.
Detterling the peace deal I propose: You call off this project you have embarked on and I will call off Swashbuckling Mulligan. Fair enough?
And remember Detters:
The quality of mercy is not strained, It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest: It blesseth him that gives and him that takes. (Merchant of Venice, Portia, Act 4 Scene 1)
"Dear old Detters"? - Gene at his hypocritical, arse-crawling worst - seventy two hours ago you were telling me that I was morally guilty of a revolting infanticide. I am not about to negotiate with a sod like you.
"I will call off Swashbuckling Mulligan" - don't make me laugh, Gene, I have a split lip. "Swashbuckling Mulligan" - who is, of course, you - poses the same danger to me as does trimming my nails or having my hair cut. As a threat, it is laughable, and you know it.
That offer is not a peace deal - it is the desperate wheedling of a man who knows that he has taken careful aim and shat all over himself from a great height. It is also an insult to your meagre intelligence, let alone mine.
You were challenged to repeat your evil accusation that my goodwill towards the homosexual and transgender community rendered me capable of dreadful acts of depraved cruelty culminating in the horrifying murder of a defenceless little boy, and what did you do?
You doubled down, like the appalling human being you most resemble - Donald Trump. You added to the accusation of infanticide the accusation that my nephew and his husband adopted their son as a means of acquiring a victim for paedophilia: given the devotion and love they lavished on him, that accusation is something for which I hope God will forgive you in due course.
For myself, I cannot and will not forgive it, which is why you can wheedle, arse-creep, bargain and smarm all you want, Gene, but you are for it this time.
On the other hand, as you so aptly steal from The Merchant of Venice., the proffering of mercy blesses he who gives as well as he who receives.
And that is on my mind a lot this weekend as I am singing all the weekend services at Ripon Cathedral, so perhaps I should think again.
And then I remember that you haven’t even apologised for the vile accusations you levelled at me, my nephew and his husband;
And I remember your relentless sneering at the Anglican Church, the scorn you have aimed at anyone who doesn’t express their faith in God as you do, OberGruppenfuhrer Detterling, the lies: my God, the lies - about my wife, my son, about Myrtle Thornberry, about abortion, sodomy, euthanasia, and I think
PS, a reminder, you posturing ponce: it’s usually at this stage that you claim to be stressed out of your mind at the thought of your true nature - that of a perfect shit - being exposed to public scrutiny.
Don’t bother, Groper: it won’t wash, any more than will your threats to drown yourself in the Grand Union Canal.
This threat is nullified by one important physical factor.
Dear old Detters I am so sorry to learn that this is how you feel. Yes, I am stressed. It is not diminishing me in any way that , with my noted searing honesty, I admit this.
Let me clear the following up. "...the accusation that my nephew and his husband adopted their son as a means of acquiring a victim for paedophilia."
Not so. This is monstrous. The reaction from me and all those others to this news is explained by this adoption occurring twenty-one years ago. Adoption by gays was not known at that time. We were just expressing surprise that's all.
Your nephew and his partner must be warmly congratulated for providing a safe home for a young boy, who if I remember correctly, has some physical and learning difficulties.
Now about Swashbuckling Mulligan. You are fooling nobody. You are frightened and you know it. You are the proverbial man whistling past the graveyard in the dark.
"...the accusation that my nephew and his husband adopted their son as a means of acquiring a victim for paedophilia."
Not so. This is monstrous. The reaction from me and all those others to this news is explained by this adoption occurring twenty-one years ago. Adoption by gays was not known at that time. We were just expressing surprise that's all."
This is BALLS, and pathetically lame, even for your palsied intellect.
And as for this preposterous wheedling sycophancy:
"Your nephew and his partner must be warmly congratulated for providing a safe home for a young boy, who if I remember correctly, has some physical and learning difficulties."
stop arse-crawling before I puke up my dinner.
You relentlessly touted for months on end your view that male homosexuals should never adopt [female homosexual couples never got a look in], and the subtext was ALWAYS that little boys would be in sexual danger if adopted by gay men. And in any case, it doesn't have to be true, does it?
Like your accusation that I hounded a young woman to suicide, it is enough for the accusation to be made.
"Gene's relentless campaign against gay adoption was, oddly, confined to male gay couples, and nearly always referenced their adopting small boys. The unmistakeably paedophile context suggested by this emphasis was something he would never either confirm or deny. And when someone refuses to confirm or deny something, what do reasonable people conclude?"
If you don't want that kind of insinuation to be made, the solution is simple, and we both know what it is.
As for "just expressing surprise", BALLS again. "Nudge, nudge, wink, wink" was a sexual innuendo coined by the sexual incompetent in Monty Python, and it ALWAYS pointed at sexual activity. So stuff your inept casuistry up your arse.
As for Swashbuckling Mulligan, further comment seems pointless. You think that when you write as Swashbuckling Mulligan you produce devastating satire that gives me sleepless nights. I know that this is nonsense.
Bring it on, write your worst [well at least writing badly comes easily to you] or don't bother, I don't give a rat's either way, and whatever you do, nothing is going to halt my work on my project to destroy your reputation.
There is only one way in which you can stop me, so stop pretending that you are in some position to bargain.
Just let me when you are ready to beg for mercy, and I will then tell you what the going rate for mercy is.
Groper, your ludicrously inflated view of your own abilities stopped, long ago, being one of the many reasons for your constantly making a tit of yourself (causing general hilarity) and instead became a crippling pathology.
Go ahead and write your “devastating satire” and see what happens.
Not only will it pain me about as much as being flogged with a singe strand of cooked spaghetti, but it will also be laboured, fifth-hand, twelfth rate, derivative, dirty-minded rubbish, recycling the same worn out tropes: “Delia”, “Sebastian” and the rest of my family with their preposterous roster of silly names.
By all means, go ahead and write your drivel, Groper instead of threatening to do so.
The truth is, however, that you can’t. You shot your load with the spectacular failure, Granny Barkes fell in Woolworths, didn’t you? Twelve years work to produce 14,000 words or meaningless piffle, bulked out to 114 pages with scores of pointless photographs culled from out of copyright picture archives. £1100 pissed up the wall on a vanity publication that sold 150 copies in two and a half years. But despite this spectacular failure you waste more money having cards printed describing yourself as an “author”; that is self importance curdled into psychosis, as your parallel description of yourself as “theologian”. Scraping a shabby 2:1 in PPE by plagiarising all your essays at St John’s fifty years ago does not qualify you theologically, any more than does cutting and pasting chunks of the writings of classical theologians and presenting them as your own ideas. You usually don’t even bother to read them first.
Come on then, Swashfuckling Bullshittigan, let’s have you: do your worst - at least you’ll find it easy to write badly.
You may rest easy, Groper. Pitching the series of articles referenced above, together with the specimen piece on "Gene, a voice in the wilderness" will, quite probably, be one of the last important pieces of writing I complete. I will need to make sure that every syllable of it pulls its weight towards the purpose of destroying your reputation. As such this will take time and a great deal of effort.
ReplyDeleteWhich means that I do not intend to do anything hasty; rather, I am planning that the project I outlined towards the end of our recent exchanges [those beginning on Friday August 14th 2026] will take me at least three months. No harm of any kind will come to you before the end of November, so you may sleep easily until then.
During those recent exchanges, with [literally] remorseless nastiness, you libelled me viciously and repeatedly. You described me as being morally guilty of infanticide purely on the grounds of my general goodwill towards the homosexual and transgender communities.
And in the final post below, unmistakeably, you libel by inference both my nephew and his husband as paedophiles, one of whose purposes in adopting a small boy was to abuse him sexually, physically and emotionally. I can't believe that you were stupid enough to sign this post with your blog pseudonym rather than as one of your multitude of sock puppets.
"Anonymous17 August 2026 at 10:14
And furthermore Detterling it might be apposite here to cast your mind back to about twenty years ago when on the TES Opinion you announced that your gay nephew Cuthbert and his partner Julian had adopted a little boy. Remember the frisson that ran through the forum? Remember the almost audible chorus of, "Nudge! Nudge! Wink! Wink! Say no more squire. GENE"
Even I can't find words strong enough to express my abhorrence and contempt for such a foul accusation. In twenty years littered with colossally stupid errors by you, Gene, that must be easily the stupidest - as well as being unmitigatedly evil. Do you seriously imagine that I am going to let you get away with such a foul accusation?
As for peace deal, you can get stuffed, Gene.
On every single occasion in the past when you have been threatened with consequences for your recurrent vile postings, you have offered grovelling apologies and promises not to repeat that behaviour. And on every single occasion, your apologies have proved to be completely bogus, and you have unfailingly broken those promises when it suited you to do so. You are a walking falsehood, Gene, and my destroying of your reputation is nothing more than you deserve.
Your nastiness, dishonesty and hypocrisy are a like a cancer in the body of common decency and, like a cancer, they should be cut out, poisoned or burned.
Don't waste your time offering bogus proposals for a non-existent future: I will reject them all, because I don't need a peace deal. I have copied, pasted and screenshot all the evidence I need into the file on which I will base both the editorial pitch and the specimen article. Why should I entertain any specious crap from you?
The only safe course for you to pursue is to take your blog down permanently. But, faced with that course of action I have no doubt that we will get the usual bleating about "freedom of speech", "searing honesty", "nazi censorship" and all the rest of the spurious bullshit.
Essentially, Gene, you have behaved year in, year out as though you alone in the blogosphere were exempt from any consequences arising from your words and actions.
That stops now: and very much I hope you will enjoy it.
I know I will.
Don't waste time pleading. To you, now and always, I am deaf.
Dear old Detters please listen.. Hold fire. I have a peace plan. I shall contact you tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteGENE
Detterling the peace deal I propose: You call off this project you have embarked on and I will call off Swashbuckling Mulligan. Fair enough?
ReplyDeleteAnd remember Detters:
The quality of mercy is not strained,
It droppeth as the gentle rain from heaven
Upon the place beneath. It is twice blest:
It blesseth him that gives and him that takes.
(Merchant of Venice, Portia, Act 4 Scene 1)
GENE
"Dear old Detters"? - Gene at his hypocritical, arse-crawling worst - seventy two hours ago you were telling me that I was morally guilty of a revolting infanticide. I am not about to negotiate with a sod like you.
ReplyDelete"I will call off Swashbuckling Mulligan" - don't make me laugh, Gene, I have a split lip. "Swashbuckling Mulligan" - who is, of course, you - poses the same danger to me as does trimming my nails or having my hair cut. As a threat, it is laughable, and you know it.
That offer is not a peace deal - it is the desperate wheedling of a man who knows that he has taken careful aim and shat all over himself from a great height. It is also an insult to your meagre intelligence, let alone mine.
You were challenged to repeat your evil accusation that my goodwill towards the homosexual and transgender community rendered me capable of dreadful acts of depraved cruelty culminating in the horrifying murder of a defenceless little boy, and what did you do?
You doubled down, like the appalling human being you most resemble - Donald Trump. You added to the accusation of infanticide the accusation that my nephew and his husband adopted their son as a means of acquiring a victim for paedophilia: given the devotion and love they lavished on him, that accusation is something for which I hope God will forgive you in due course.
For myself, I cannot and will not forgive it, which is why you can wheedle, arse-creep, bargain and smarm all you want, Gene, but you are for it this time.
Got that, bastard?
On the other hand, as you so aptly steal from The Merchant of Venice., the proffering of mercy blesses he who gives as well as he who receives.
ReplyDeleteAnd that is on my mind a lot this weekend as I am singing all the weekend services at Ripon Cathedral, so perhaps I should think again.
And then I remember that you haven’t even apologised for the vile accusations you levelled at me, my nephew and his husband;
And I remember your relentless sneering at the Anglican Church, the scorn you have aimed at anyone who doesn’t express their faith in God as you do, OberGruppenfuhrer Detterling, the lies: my God, the lies - about my wife, my son, about Myrtle Thornberry, about abortion, sodomy, euthanasia, and I think
WHY SHOW. MERCY TO A MERCILESS SOD LIKE THAT?
No, Gene, no mercy.
You’ve had your chances and spurned them all.
AND NOW YOU’VE HAD YOUR CHIPS.
PS, a reminder, you posturing ponce: it’s usually at this stage that you claim to be stressed out of your mind at the thought of your true nature - that of a perfect shit - being exposed to public scrutiny.
ReplyDeleteDon’t bother, Groper: it won’t wash, any more than will your threats to drown yourself in the Grand Union Canal.
This threat is nullified by one important physical factor.
Shit filled (like you) with hot air floats.
And so does scum.
Dear old Detters I am so sorry to learn that this is how you feel. Yes, I am stressed. It is not diminishing me in any way that , with my noted searing honesty, I admit this.
ReplyDeleteLet me clear the following up.
"...the accusation that my nephew and his husband adopted their son as a means of acquiring a victim for paedophilia."
Not so. This is monstrous. The reaction from me and all those others to this news is explained by this adoption occurring twenty-one years ago. Adoption by gays was not known at that time. We were just expressing surprise that's all.
Your nephew and his partner must be warmly congratulated for providing a safe home for a young boy, who if I remember correctly, has some physical and learning difficulties.
Now about Swashbuckling Mulligan. You are fooling nobody. You are frightened and you know it. You are the proverbial man whistling past the graveyard in the dark.
"Let me clear the following up.
ReplyDelete"...the accusation that my nephew and his husband adopted their son as a means of acquiring a victim for paedophilia."
Not so. This is monstrous. The reaction from me and all those others to this news is explained by this adoption occurring twenty-one years ago. Adoption by gays was not known at that time. We were just expressing surprise that's all."
This is BALLS, and pathetically lame, even for your palsied intellect.
And as for this preposterous wheedling sycophancy:
"Your nephew and his partner must be warmly congratulated for providing a safe home for a young boy, who if I remember correctly, has some physical and learning difficulties."
stop arse-crawling before I puke up my dinner.
You relentlessly touted for months on end your view that male homosexuals should never adopt [female homosexual couples never got a look in], and the subtext was ALWAYS that little boys would be in sexual danger if adopted by gay men. And in any case, it doesn't have to be true, does it?
Like your accusation that I hounded a young woman to suicide, it is enough for the accusation to be made.
"Gene's relentless campaign against gay adoption was, oddly, confined to male gay couples, and nearly always referenced their adopting small boys. The unmistakeably paedophile context suggested by this emphasis was something he would never either confirm or deny. And when someone refuses to confirm or deny something, what do reasonable people conclude?"
If you don't want that kind of insinuation to be made, the solution is simple, and we both know what it is.
As for "just expressing surprise", BALLS again. "Nudge, nudge, wink, wink" was a sexual innuendo coined by the sexual incompetent in Monty Python, and it ALWAYS pointed at sexual activity. So stuff your inept casuistry up your arse.
As for Swashbuckling Mulligan, further comment seems pointless. You think that when you write as Swashbuckling Mulligan you produce devastating satire that gives me sleepless nights. I know that this is nonsense.
Bring it on, write your worst [well at least writing badly comes easily to you] or don't bother, I don't give a rat's either way, and whatever you do, nothing is going to halt my work on my project to destroy your reputation.
There is only one way in which you can stop me, so stop pretending that you are in some position to bargain.
Just let me when you are ready to beg for mercy, and I will then tell you what the going rate for mercy is.
In the meantime, shut the fuck up.
I hear what you say about Swashbuckling Mulligan and it still seems to me very like a scared man whistling past the graveyard in the dark.
ReplyDeleteGroper, your ludicrously inflated view of your own abilities stopped, long ago, being one of the many reasons for your constantly making a tit of yourself (causing general hilarity) and instead became a crippling pathology.
ReplyDeleteGo ahead and write your “devastating satire” and see what happens.
Not only will it pain me about as much as being flogged with a singe strand of cooked spaghetti, but it will also be laboured, fifth-hand, twelfth rate, derivative, dirty-minded rubbish, recycling the same worn out tropes: “Delia”, “Sebastian” and the rest of my family with their preposterous roster of silly names.
By all means, go ahead and write your drivel, Groper instead of threatening to do so.
The truth is, however, that you can’t. You shot your load with the spectacular failure, Granny Barkes fell in Woolworths, didn’t you? Twelve years work to produce 14,000 words or meaningless piffle, bulked out to 114 pages with scores of pointless photographs culled from out of copyright picture archives. £1100 pissed up the wall on a vanity publication that sold 150 copies in two and a half years. But despite this spectacular failure you waste more money having cards printed describing yourself as an “author”; that is self importance curdled into psychosis, as your parallel description of yourself as “theologian”. Scraping a shabby 2:1 in PPE by plagiarising all your essays at St John’s fifty years ago does not qualify you theologically, any more than does cutting and pasting chunks of the writings of classical theologians and presenting them as your own ideas. You usually don’t even bother to read them first.
Come on then, Swashfuckling Bullshittigan, let’s have you: do your worst - at least you’ll find it easy to write badly.