Sunday 13 October 2024

 An email from WREN Frobisher...


I just love the description of this incident from when Gene was a young man:


At Oxford University I joined a feminist group. You get the picture: strident harridans, lesbians in paratrooper boots, all sorts of weirdos and men-haters.              

To my shame I also campaigned with them on pro-abortion rallies. I remember one incident from this time that had a profound impact on me. 

One Saturday afternoon I set out on a pro-abortion March through Oxford. At the front of the march we had a banner reading: A WOMAN’S RIGHT TO CHOOSE. At one point on our march we were confronted by a young man – about nineteen/twenty – who heckled: 

‘You bitches. No one has the right to choose murder’. 

One of the leaders of our march, a strident harridan with acne and halitosis, started to remonstrate with him. He flung a carton of strawberry yoghurt right into her face. Splat! How she yelled! A right melee ensued, but the young man disappeared before the police arrived. I remember thinking he was a handsome young man and his face somehow reminded me of Saint Padre Pio – not that Padre Pio was a saint in those days. 

That incident propelled me away from all the radical feminism  and pro-abortion evil.


Best wishes,


Wren Frobisher

1 comment:

  1. ‘You bitches. No one has the right to choose murder’.

    Attaboy Gene! You never pull your punches.

    Mary Winterbourne

    ReplyDelete